Tournament Dates & Times
A tournament announcement will be posted on the site and in the forums with the exact date and time for each tournament. The plan will be to schedule the tournaments so that they are at a consistent time each week. However, in the future the date and time may change, so always check the announcements for updates. The NA and EU tournament will be separate due to restrictions of battle.net 2.0.
Currently Scheduled Weekly Times
NA Weekly: No EU Tournament Currently Running
EU Weekly: No EU Tournament Currently Running
- Registration: A Challonge Sign Up Page will be created for each tournament. Players must use this page to register with the correct information. You must include your battle.net name and character code. Example: blynd.309.
- If you are late you can not sign up, we will not wait for anyone, sorry.
- Requirements: An appropriate NA/EU SC2 account.
- Check In: You must be online and ready to go at tournament start. Failure to be online will result in removal or the tournament. Multiple failures to show may result in a ban from the tournament.
- Format: All rounds before the semi-finals will be best of one. The semi-finals and finals will be best of three. Third Place will be best of one.
- Reporting Games: The winner should report the match by using Challonge’s reporting system. You may also contact an admin in game or on IRC.
- Communication: Use bnet messenger or bnet channel “sc2gg-weekly” to contact your opponents or admins. The IRC channel #sc2gg-weekly may also be used for support.
- Timeouts: A player may call a timeout during a game if needed, but if they do not return within a reasonable amount of time without properly informing the other player, the player waiting will be awarded with an automatic match win.
- Cheating: If a player is found to be blatantly cheating (mineral or map hacks, etc.), they will be banned from future tournaments. Things such as abusing known bugs will also result in short-term bans. Multiple offenses will lead to permanent bans.
- Delays/AFK: If for some reason you don’t show up to play your games after the first round, you get a one week ban from the weekly tournament. Obviously we’re willing to be reasonable for actual serious problems, but just disappearing with no warning, or refusing to play, is pretty bad manner and we don’t like it. Players who cause delays in the tournament may be removed.
- Disconnects: On the first offensive, if there is no clear winner the match is to replayed. If a player disconnects more then one time or there is a clear winner then a walk over will be rewarded to the appropriate player.
- Conduct: Excessive bad manners (BM) such as noob bashing, hardcore raging, or racial slurs, etc is grounds for removal from the tournament.
- Observers: Observers are only allowed if both players agree. If an observer causes any lag he must leave. Official streamers, admins and referees are allowed to observer any game.
- Replays: Replays are required to be submitted for semi-final and final rounds. It is advised to save all replays in case of a dispute.
- Pool: The map pool will be listed on the website as well as the brackets. The map pool will be rotated every few weeks depending on input from the community.
- Map Selection: The tournament will use the veto process & losers pick.
- For the first map, each player will eliminate a map from the pool until one map remains.
- In best-of-three matches veto only applies to the first map. The next map will be determined by the loser picking.
- The higher seeded player has the option to veto a map first or pass the first veto to his opponent.
- The power rankings is a system used to reward players for winning or doing well in the tournament. Each week players will accumulate points that will add to their total points. They are then ranked against other players based on these points.
- The rankings will be used to seed players in the weekly tournament. There will also be weeks with random seeding.
- The rankings will be divided into seasons. Each season the points will be reset. There may be playoff tournaments at the end of a ranking season. The length of a season may vary.
- The points system may be adjusted each season. The current point system is as follows: 1st place = 9 points, 2nd place = 6 points, 3rd place = 3 points, ro8 = 1 point.
To uphold the integrity & progress of the tournament, all rules are subject to change without notice at the discretion of an admin. Admins have final say on all matters.